Art Commissions - Terms and Conditions
- Prices are subject to change based on demand.
- I have the right to reject any order for any reason.
- Currency accepted is either USD or Naira and can be paid through my payment link or bank transfer.
- Commissions can be paid either 100% upfront or split 50% upfront and 50% after sketch approval.
- Don't send me any payment before I have agreed to give you a slot and requested you to send me the payment.
Process & Delivery
- The time it takes to finish your commission varies 1 week - 3 months depending on factors such as health, the complexity of the commissioned piece, other work, and seasons.
- Once the piece is finished you will receive the full-resolution image along with a web-friendly size. Note that there is no physical product. Depending on where you live, we can arrange to print your artwork.
- You get 3 rounds of changes on the commissioned piece included in the price.
- A fee will be added if you want something changed on the final drawing - unless a misunderstanding from my side has been made.
- If you wish for me to change something in the drawing you have previously approved, I will charge you a fee to change it. The amount of the extra charge depends on the change you want me to make and is usually based on an hourly wage.
- If your reference is unclear to start with, changes will come at an extra charge.
Copyright & Usage
I, Adeola Adeyemo (the artist):
- I reserve the right to cancel and refund the order at any time for any reason.
- I retain all copyrights over the commissioned artwork.
- I will NOT claim the intellectual property (IP) of the commissioned artwork.
- I will NOT profit further from the commissioned artwork unless you (the customer) break any of the terms.
- I reserve the right to post the commissioned artwork online, in my portfolio as well as in publications such as art books. This is also subject to a delay provided by you (the customer)
You (the customer/commissioner):
- You may upload the commissioned artwork on any website and social channels.
- You may NOT make profits from the commissioned piece (reselling, redistributing, uploading to POD-services, make prints, etc.)
- You may NOT alter the commissioned artwork without my (the artist's) consent.
- You MAY be allowed to sell the artwork if it is a part of an Adoptable. Please discuss this with me prior to paying for the artwork.
- You retain the rights to the intellectual property (IP).
- You may NOT use the commissioned artwork for commercial purposes.
The following is considered as copyright infringement:
- Reproducing/using the copyrighted artwork commercially - means making money off it in any way not excluded from these terms.
- Claiming the artwork as your own
- Altering the artwork without my consent
- In some cases, the commercial rights to the image may be purchased.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
- The buyer is not allowed a refund once I started working on the commission.
- If for any reason I am unable to start your commission you will receive a full refund.
- If you cancel your order before I started it, you can get a full refund.
- If you are getting a refund, I will transfer the money back to you myself.
What do you get?
- Drafts/mockups that you must decide which one I should continue with (depending on the complexity of the commission there might be fewer or more drafts)
- Sketch and/or final sketches that you must accept before I continue the work
- Insight and involvement in color plan (depending on the complexity of the commissioned piece)
- Full-resolution file (at 300 DPI) of final drawing and a smaller version for internet upload. Final file formats are usually PNG.
Are you ready to work with me?
I'm actively open to new opportunities and requests.
If you have a question, or just want to say hi, I'll try my best to get back to you.